The US Figure Skating Basic Skills Program is offered in Anchorage by the Alaska Association of Figure Skaters (AAFS).
Cost: $80 for a seven week session
($100 for Levels Basic 6 & higher – Cash or checks ONLY)
30-minute group lesson once a week for seven weeks, for ages 3 & up. Rental skates are included if you need them.
The 2011 summer classes are held at the Dimond Ice Chalet on Thursday evenings 5:15pm-8:00pm.
For More Information
Call: 344-AAFS (2237)
Spring Session Begins July 7, 2011
Registration Times @ Dimond Ice Chalet:
- Thursday May 26th 6:00p.m.-8:00p.m.
- Wednesday July 6th 6:30p.m.-7:30p.m.
- Thursday July 7th 4:30p.m.-5:30p.m.
- You must register in person
TentativeE Thursday Class Times
- July 7, 14, 21, 28, August 4, 11, 18
AGES 3-5 YEARS OLD:
- Snowplow Sam 1 entry ( ) 5:15
- Snowplow Sam 2 ( ) 5:15
- Snowplow Sam 3 ( ) 5:45
AGES 6-12 YEARS OLD: (or have passed SS1-SS3)
- Basic 1 entry level ( ) 5:45
- Basic 2 ( ) 5:45
- Basic 3 ( ) 5:15
- Basic 4 ( ) 5:15
- Basic 5 ( ) 5:45
ADVANCED CLASSES: (Passed Basic 5) 6:30-8:00pm
- 6:30-7:00pm On-Ice Freeskate Lo/Off-Ice Freeskate Hi
- 7:00-7:30pm Freeskate Power & Artistry Class
- 7:30-8:00pm On-Ice Freeskate Hi/Off-Ice Freeskate Lo
- ( ) Freeskate Lo Class: B6 B7 B8 F1
- ( ) Freeskate Hi Class: F2 F3 F4 F5 F6 E
Saturday classes are not available in the spring/summer
MAKE UP CLASSES ARE NOT AVAILABLE DURING THE SPRING/SUMMER SESSIONS
Hockey and Adult classes will not be held during the Spring/Summer Sessions
Saturday classes will resume in the Fall
Registration will begin for the Fall session: August 18, 2011 5:00-8:00 p.m.